In compliance with the City of Philadelphia Department of Public Health, all students entering school this year must have at least one dose of all required vaccines.
Vaccines are required on the first day of school.
- A child must have at least one dose of all vaccinations or risk exclusion.
- A child may have a documented medical, religious, or philosophical exemption from these vaccinations.
- Even if exempt, a child may be excluded from school during an outbreak of vaccine-preventable disease.
If a child doesn’t have required doses, they must within the first 5 days of school:
- Receive the next dose, if medically appropriate
- Have a parent/guardian provide a medical plan if the next dose isn’t the final dose of the series
- Have a parent/guardian provide a medical plan if the next dose is not medically appropriate
|Tetanus, diptheria, pertussis (DTP/Dtap/DT/Td,|
|4*||1 dose at/after age 4|
|Polio (OPV/IPV)||4||4th dose at/after age 4, at least 6 months after
|Measles, mumps, rubella (MMR/MMRV)||2||At/after age 1|
|Hepatitis B (HBV)||3|
|Chickenpox (Varicella/MMRV)||2||At/after age 1***|
|Meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4)||1||At/after age 2|
|Tetanus, diptheria, pertussis (Tdap)||1||At/after age 7|
*Only 3 doses of Td-containing vaccine are necessary if series is started at or after age 7, and at least one dose is Tdap ** A 4th dose is not necessary if the 3rd dose was given at age 4 or older and at least 6 months after the previous dose *** Or documentation of immunity by lab test or written statement from parent, guardian, or physician