The Arthur School staff will maximize the potential of our students in the many areas of learning and development. Working with families and the community as partners in education, we provide the necessary tools for our students to own their learning, in the modern world. Students at Arthur learn in an inquiry driven, project-based environment where the core values of inquiry, research, collaboration, presentation and reflection are emphasized in every learning opportunity.
Chester A. Arthur School serves as a hub of a diverse community connection and as a springboard for academic inquiry and discovery. We are a student-centered environment, where our children are safe and nurtured. At Arthur we equip our students with the habits, tools, and competencies necessary to be productive and engaged citizens. When students thrive, we all thrive.
Beliefs and Core Values
- We hold an unwavering belief in the potential of all students and a relentless commitment to consistently approach each student in terms of what is possible – their strengths and aspirations are our future.
- We value diversity and are committed to inclusion and equity.
- We believe that respect should be mutual between students, parents, teachers, staff, and members of the school community.
- We value an environment of collaboration, self-reflection, and an earnest desire to continually improve.
- We believe we are more powerful together than we are alone and that through honesty, transparency, and accountability our individual impacts are magnified in partnership.
- We believe it is our responsibility to actively remove barriers to student success and to empower within them the drive to do the same for themselves and others.
- We believe that academics should be grounded in an inquiry driven, project-based environment where the core values of inquiry, research, collaboration, presentation, and reflection are emphasized in every learning opportunity.
- Most importantly, we believe it is our responsibility to ensure all students learn, are respected, and have space to explore their imagination and to realize their limitless potential.